Criterion 1: Commitment to dryland research, as stipulated by the candidate’s mission statement. Some examples (taken from GNDRI website) are:
- “Mission Statement: Conducting research to explore the natural resources in the Egyptian deserts to be utilized at sustainable manner in Agriculture and improving livelihood of local communities” – Desert Research Institute (DRC), Cairo, Egypt.
- “DRCH strengthens links with international research partners for innovative and interdisciplinary research for the sustainable development of drylands”– Dryland Research Centre Hamburg (DRCH), Hamburg, Germany
- “IADIZA’s mission is to conduct research to improve scientific understanding and management practices needed to achieve sustainable use of arid ecosystems, particularly in central-western Argentina” – Instituto Argentino de Investigaciones de las Zonas Áridas (IADIZA), Mendosa, Argentina
- “We devote in research on dry land environmental issues” – Gujarat Institute for Desert Ecology (GUIDE), Bhuj, India
- “The International Center for Arid and Semiarid Land Studies’ (ICASALS) mission is to promote and facilitate multidisciplinary initiatives in research … in arid and semiarid lands” – International Center for Arid and Semiarid Land Studies (ICASALS), Lubbock, Texas.
- “The mission of the BIDR is to carry out scientific research and training required for attaining sustainable use of the Negev Desert of Israel and of other drylands in Israel and the world over” – Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR), Sede Boqer, Israel.
Criterion 2: At least 80% of the peer-reviewed publications published by the candidate institute throughout the recent calendar year address dryland issues.
Criterion 3: At the time of issuing the application for admission the candidate institute is active for at least 5 years.
Criterion 4: At the time of issuing the application for admission the candidate institute comprises an academic research staff of at least 10 positions.
Attention: Important notes for completing the questionnaire:
- Please fill out this questionnaire carefully!
- Check for mandatory fields. If all is ok then:
- The data is stored in a database.
- You will receive an automatic e-mail with your registration entries. A copy of this mail will be sent to the GNDRI office (email@example.com).
- The confirmation e-mail that you receive contains an encoded link to check the registration entries and registration status on the website.
If you have additional questions, please contact the GNDRI Operational Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org